1830 Dehumidifier Package + 12 Mil Plastic (1000sq’) + 2 Rolls Seam Tape
FREE SHIPPING Continental U.S.
- Package Includes:
- 1 Roll 12-mil Vapor Barrier (10’x100′)
- 2 Rolls White Seam Tape (4″x180′)
- 1 Aprilaire 1830 Dehumidifier
- Saves Money vs. Individual Pricing
The Aprilaire 1830 is a fantastic dehumidifier for your crawl space DIY project. It is one of our best sellers because it is so quiet and easy to use. Its compact size makes it versatile and it is very powerful for basement or attic projects too. The 1830 comes standard with ducting collars so you can push or pull air anywhere inside the crawl space.
Aprilaire 1830 Whole Home Dehumidifier
The Aprilaire 1830 is a great whole home dehumidifier as well. It is packed with great features. It’s a nice, small compact unit that makes it easy to place it in various spaces. It features a built-in digital control on the unit body. It also features a discharge selector so that you can choose whether to discharge through the top or the rear of the unit. It ships with a 10-inch round duct collar for connecting to your duct work. The great thing about this unit is that it was designed to be much quieter than its predecessors.
12-mil Crawl Space Plastic Vapor Barrier
Our NO CAT PEE crawl space vapor barrier material is great for crawl space encapsulation, basement waterproofing and many other projects around the home. With all the hype about reinforced vapor barriers, homeowners should know that reinforced crawl space vapor barrier material may cause odor issues once installed.
- 12-mil (Actual Thickness) (unlike some reinforced that measure at cord)
- Won’t ever separate after install – One piece
- Size: 1,000 sq’ (10×100)
- Color: White
- No cat urine odor
- Made in USA
- Vapor Barrier Measuring Guide
Super Strong Vapor Barrier for Crawl Spaces
- Just about every waterproofing company is pushing reinforced crawl space vapor barrier material. It’s easy to see why when they talk about how strong it is and puncture resistant. The reinforcement does make it strong but not puncture resistant unless the puncture happens on the reinforcement cord.
- The reinforcement cord can also give off an odor similar to cat urine. If the cord becomes wet, many times a cat urine odor can develop. It’s likely to get wet so why risk a potential odor problem by using a reinforced crawl space vapor barrier material.
- Reinforced vapor barrier material can also separate over time. The cord is installed by gluing two pieces of plastic over it. The lack of separation is only as good as the glue used.
Crawl Space Seam Tape
A polyethylene film, single coated with a synthetic rubber pressure sensitive adhesive. This is not your average crawl space vapor barrier seam tape. This 4” 7-mil thick seam tape comes in 180’ (60 yd) long rolls. The color is bright white and is sure to help brighten your crawl space jobs. Our crawl space seam tape is polyethylene backed and single sided. It is great for any crawl space encapsulation or basement waterproofing project.
Waterproof Seam Tape for Crawl Spaces
Poly tapes are a superior in adhesive and they can be hand torn. This tape also offers noticeably better water and weather resistance than traditional crawl space seam tapes. Poly tapes are perfect products for use in many applications such as crawl space encapsulation, basement waterproofing, splicing, color coding, marking and sealing. This poly tape is commonly used in the Marine, Service, and Construction industries among others. Poly tapes are frequently used in shrink film and zipper door applications. The serrated edge assists with easy tearing.
Q: How Much Crawl Space Seam Tape Do I Need?
Typically, we recommend 1 roll (4″x180′) for every 250 square feet of crawl space. Additionally, if you have support pillars, add 1 additional roll for every four pillars.