Lomanco PCV1 Foundation Vent Fan
FREE SHIPPING Continental U.S.
- Made in USA
- Quiet 110 CFM ball bearing motor
- Humidity sensor for worry free operation
- Thermostat shuts fan off at low temperature
- Color: Black 110v
- Great for open or closed crawl spaces
- U.L. approved means assured safety
- One year limited warranty
- Size: 9 x 19 x 3
- 1′ electrical cord
11 in stock (can be backordered)
A Crawl Space vent fan is something that we highly recommend if you’ll be encapsulating your crawlspace. We use and recommend a powered crawl space vent fan by Lomanco. The fan is really a great product. It is quiet and automatically turns on and off based on the current humidity detected by its internal humidity sensor. The fan has a 1′ cord, so keep in mind that you may need to have electrical ran to where you plan to install the fan.
Excerpt from our blog – Vented Crawl Spaces
The most common crawl space we run across is a vented crawl space. A vented crawl space has been around the longest and is designed to allow air to pass from the inside to the outside of the crawl space through crawl space foundation vents. This design has been around for years and up until recently has been very effective. Its design is to allow the crawl space to breathe. So what causes a vented crawl space to become ineffective? I am glad you asked but before I get into that, let’s look at other attributes of a vented crawl space design:
1. Vented crawl spaces typically use fiberglass batts for insulation.
2. Vented crawl spaces typically contain a vapor barrier installed on the floor
3. Vented crawl spaces many times will have crawl space foundation fans.
4. Vented crawl spaces are more likely to have insects, rodents, mold and fungus.
5. Vented crawl spaces humidity is most likely high in the summer and low in the winter.
6. Vented crawl spaces lose more heat and air conditioning if duct work is present in crawl space.
7. Sub-floors and joists hold more moisture in a vented crawl space, especially when fiberglass insulation is installed.
8. Vented crawl spaces many times allow pipes to freeze more often.
9. Vented crawl spaces may cause the living space to smell musty if mold is present.
10. Since heating and cooling loss occurs in a vented crawl space this can cause utility bills to be higher.
|Dimensions||20 × 10 × 4 in|